Are you looking for ways to make money online and specifically with Amazon affiliate program?
If your answer is yes, then you’re at the right place.
In this article, you’ll discover the fail-proof methods to instantly make money with Amazon affiliate program and then scale up your income to a predictable and consistent monthly income.
Ensure you read every words in this article so that you can start making money with ease rather than struggle for a long time before finding a breakthrough.
Before we continue, let’s take a look at what affiliate marketing means.
What is Affiliate Marketing?
Affiliate marketing is the process of affiliates (you in this case) to promote a specific product or service from a brand and then earning a commission when a customer buy through him/her.
Simple put, affiliates recommend products or services (which is made by other brands) and then the affiliate earn a commission when someone made a purchase through them.
When Jeff Becoz started Amazon, he doesn’t have a huge marketing budget to buy advertising therefore he use affiliate marketing as a means of promoting his ebooks.
This eliminates upfront marketing cost and then only pay affiliates commission when someone bought any of his products.
Now, let’s dive in.
Pros of becoming Amazon Affiliate:
So should you really promote Amazon products?
Here are the pros of being an Amazon affiliate to help you decide if you should:
- All most every product are available on Amazon marketplace: You can find almost every type of products on Amazon. This will help you choose a specific product that you have a passion for.
- Quickly scale your income: When you promote a particular product through your Amazon affiliate link and the person buy other products, you’ll still earn a commission.
- A trusted brand: When customers want to buy a product, they usually look for a reputable and trusted brand. As an affiliate of Amazon, you’re guaranteed the best of both worlds.
- Follow up: Most of the time, potential customers won’t purchase your product at first but they eventually will by following up with them. That’s exactly what Amazon offers its affiliates.
- Presence of trust factors: For sales to happen, customers usually look for trust factors such as testimonial and reviews. With Amazon, there are products with a lot of these trust factors to promote.
And there you go. The advantages of becoming Amazon affiliate should help you in making your final decision on whether you want to go ahead before I walk you through how to actually make money as Amazon affiliate.
But wait, you still want to know the disadvantages before making your decision.
Cons of becoming Amazon Affiliate:
- Low commission rate: Amazon affiliate program has a very low commission rate compared to other affiliate programs. It commission ranges from 4% to 10%.
- Brand familiarity: The popularity of Amazon might work against affiliate as customers may ahead over to Amazon rather clicking affiliates link.
- Cookies last for 24 hours: Cookies help Amazon to automatically track affiliate links. If a user clicks on your link but didn’t buy immediately, you’ll still earn a commission if he/she buys at a later time. However, 24 hours provided by Amazon is extremely low.
The disadvantage of promoting Amazon affiliate program shouldn’t discourage you.
You can make over $1000/month if you follow the strategy on the rest of this page.
How to become an Amazon Affiliate
To get started, you need to register into Amazon affiliate program.
Amazon affiliate requirement is simple and straightforward. All you need is your email and username to become an affiliate.
Once you’re registered and confirmed your email, you’ll be prompt to confirm your details. Then you’ll need to enter your blog and other websites you plan to promote your Amazon affiliate link.
If you already have a blog or a specific website you plan to use in promoting your affiliate link then go ahead to add it.
But for the purpose of this article, we’ll discuss how to promote your affiliate links later.
For now, enter your social media profile URL (if you don’t have a blog) then click on “Add“. Then choose “No” from the prompt question and click on “Confirm”.
The next step is to fill your Amazon associate (same as Amazon affiliate program) profile details.
This is important when it comes to promoting your affiliate link and you want to ensure there is no mistake.
Once you’re done, click on “Finish“.
Congratulations, you’ve finally registered into Amazon affiliate program. Ensure you write down or memorize your Associate ID.
To get access to Associates Central, enter your Payment information (how you will receive your commissions) and Tax information.
This is how your Amazon associate central looks like. You’ll get access to all sales, leads and commission details.
Amazon Affiliate commission rate
As I mentioned previously, Amazon affiliate commission rate is within 4% to 10%. The commission rate depends on categories.
I will go over some popular categories and their commission rates.
|Luxury Beauty, Amazon Coin||10%|
|Headphone, musical instrument, business and industrial supplies.||6%|
|Physical books, Health and Personal care, Sports, Baby product||4.5%|
|PC, PC Component, DVD and Blu-Ray||2.5%|
There are more categories and product commission rates, you can go ahead and check it out on its official website.
There are a lot of ways to promote your Amazon affiliate program and earn a commission but I’ll only show you the best method.
You should also note that you must make a sale within 180 days of registering as an associate.
So, you want to implement the strategy in this section before going ahead to register.
Blogging is the best way to promote your Amazon affiliate links. It requires serious upfront work but you’ll be able to passively increase your earnings.
The following links show you how to use a blog to promote your Amazon affiliate link:
- How to start a WordPress Blog
- How to get more traffic on your blog and keep it there
- How to make $1,050 with Amazon affiliate blog in a month
The process is simple. You need to create a blog, then you need to get people to your blog then you need to promote Amazon products (with your affiliate link) within your blog content to start earning instantly.
You can also use social media to promote your Amazon affiliate link but instead of using it independently, you should use it with your blog.
Equipped with this article, you’re ready to join Amazon affiliate program and start generating consistent income.
Did you find this content helpful? Let me know in the comment section.